Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
There was a flare, a smell of burning flesh
Dr. Jay Easton-Stuart, a surgeon in the British army, tends to a snake-bite wound in his leg.
12 x 14.8 cm
- Bites & stings--1900-1910
- Easton-Stuart, Jay--Health
- Expeditions & surveys--Africa--1900-1910
- First aid--Africa--1900-1910
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 22, 1914), Color Section, p. 2