Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Famed picture of crown point prosecutor, Sherif Holley and Dillinger in Indiana
This photograph, taken after John Dillinger's capture in Arizona and his return to Lake County, Indiana, shows Dillinger with Sheriff Lillian Holley and Robert Estill.
16.5 x 20 cm
black and white
- Criminals--Indiana--Crown Point--1930-1940
- Dillinger, John, 1903-1934--Capture & imprisonment, 1934
- Estill, Robert
- Holley, Lillian
- Lawyers--Indiana--Crown Point--1930-1940
- Sheriffs--Indiana--Crown Point--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 23, 1934), p. 28
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)