Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Chicago in flames, 1871
This reproduction of a lithograph entitled "Chicago in Flames, 1871," depicts the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 as seen from Randolph Street. Originally published by Currier & Ives in 1871.
23.5 x 34 cm
- Chicago in flames, 1871 (Lithograph)
- Great Fire, Chicago, Ill., 1871
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 9, 1932), Picture Section, p. 1
- Currier & Ives
- Harlow, McDonald & Co.