Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Champion trains before his defeat
Jim Jeffries, who was the undefeated heavyweight boxing champion for eleven years, gets into shape in April 1910 for his battle for the title with Jack Johnson on July 4, 1910, which he lost.
41.7 x 36.6 cm
- Boxers (Sports)--Nevada--Reno--1910-1920
- Jeffries, James J., 1875-1953--Sports
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 18, 1934), Album of World Events, p. 1
- Pictorial News Co.