Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Brought about the ruin of the grafters : Boss Tweed with police cartoon
This cartoon by Thomas Nast, caricaturist, portrays William M. Tweed, also known as Boss Tweed, towering over a policeman who is holding a prisoner. Reprinted from "Harper's weekly".
10 x 6.7 cm
black and white
- Legislators--United States--1850-1860
- Tammany Hall--People--New York (State)--New York--1850-1860
- Tweed, William Marcy, 1823-1878
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 5, 1933), p. 4