Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
180-pound hatchet woman
Photograph of Carrie Nation, a strong supporter of the prohibition in the pre-Prohibition era.
13.2 x 6.2 cm
black and white
- Nation, Carry Amelia, 1846-1911
- Prohibitionists--United States--1900-1910
- Prohibition--United States--1920-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 19, 1933), p. 4
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)