Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
"Baby Face" Nelson abandons bullet riddled car and escapes
In this photograph State Policeman William Gallagher examines the windshield of a car in which George "Baby Face" Nelson and his two companions were riding when overtaken.
12.2 x 14.8 cm
black and white
- Criminal investigations--Illinois--Barrington--1930-1940
- Gallagher, William
- Illinois State Police--People--Illinois--Barrington--1930-1940
- Nelson, Baby Face, 1908-1934--Associated objects
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (November 28, 1934), p. 30
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)