Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Fanatical dance of Bali is known as the dagger dance
Balinese men participate in the dagger dance. One dancer is being disarmed to prevent self-injury.
16.1 x 21.4 cm
black and white
- Balinese (Indonesian people)--Dance--1930-1940
- Balinese (Indonesian people)--Spiritual life--Indonesia--Bali Island--1930-1940
- Ceremonial dancers--Indonesia--Bali Island--1930-1940
- Folk dancing--Indonesia--Bali Island--1930-1940
- Rites & ceremonies--Indonesia--Bali Island--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 17, 1938), Graphic Section/Camera News Review, p. 1
- Black Star (Picture agency)