Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Large families are crowded into small homes
Four people share one bed. Large families often crowded into small homes on a typical share-crop cotton plantation.
8.8 x 10.2 cm
black and white
- Blacks--Domestic life--Arkansas--Nodena Site--1930-1940
- Cotton pickers--Arkansas--Nodena Site--1930-1940
- Cotton plantations--Arkansas--Nodena Site--1930-1940
- Families--Arkansas--Nodena Site--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 5, 1937), p. 4