Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
At home and abroad
In a statement of the US handling of immigration Carey Orr draws Uncle Sam standing in the middle of a sea of people in Washington. The political cartoonist comments on immigration using a wall of imigration behind which are disgruntled foreigners and before which are critical citizens in "At Home and Abroad."
18.4 x 16.3 cm
black and white
- United States. Immigration Act of 1924
- Emigration & immigration--1920-1930
- Uncle Sam (Symbolic character)--1920-1930
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (October 7, 1924), n.p.