Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
How Boelke [sic], the German ace, met death
Artist's conception of the dogfight in which the German flying ace, Oswald Boelcke, was killed.
27.8 x 18.6 cm
black and white
- Air warfare--1910-1920
- Boelcke, Oswald, 1891-1916--Death & burial--1910-1920
- Fighter pilots--German--1910-1920
- Fighter planes--British--1910-1920
- Fighter planes--German--1910-1920
- World War, 1914-1918--Air operations--German
- World War, 1914-1918--Casualties--German
- Germany. Heer. Luftstreitkräfte--Equipment
- Great Britain. Royal Flying Corps--Equipment
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 29, 1928), p. 5