Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Louis down in the first round
James Braddock, American boxer, stands over Joe Louis, American boxer, after knocking him down during the fight for the 1937 title.
16.3 x 10.8 cm
- Boxers (Sports)--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Braddock, James J. (James Joseph), 1905-1974
- Louis, Joe, 1914-1981
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 27, 1937), p. 3
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)