Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Speed camera story of the eighth round knockout
Progression of eight photographs records James J. Braddock, American boxer, falling to the floor for the final time in the title match against Joe Louis, American boxer during the fight for the 1937 title.
47.7 x 37 cm
- Boxers (Sports)--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Braddock, James J. (James Joseph), 1905-1974
- Louis, Joe, 1914-1981
- Thomas, Tommy
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 27, 1937), p. 3
- Associated Press