Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Closeup of the knockout
Referee Tommy Thomas counts James Braddock, American boxer, out in the eighth round of the Comiskey Park fight in which Joe Louis, American boxer, hammered his way to the 1937 heavyweight championship.
18.3 x 24.2 cm
- Boxers (Sports)--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Braddock, James J. (James Joseph), 1905-1974
- Louis, Joe, 1914-1981
- Thomas, Tommy
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 27, 1937), p. 3
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)