Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Senator Alben Barkley of Kentucky gives the keynote address for the 1936 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
10.6 x 15.4 cm
- Barkley, Alben William, 1877-1956--Political activity
- Barkley, Alben William, 1877-1956--Public appearances--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- Democratic National Convention (1936 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Legislators--United States--1930-1940
- Political conventions--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--1930-1940
- Presidential elections--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--1930-1940
- Public speaking--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 28, 1936), p. 3
- Associated Press