Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Map of the adventure in which Allen Wescott found himself while A.W.O.L. from his own outfit
Map of an area showing where an American soldier went AWOL. Private Allen P. Wescott received a Distinguished Service Cross for his part in one of the bloodiest episodes in World War I.
15.4 x 16.4 cm
black and white
- Military reconnaissance--American--France--Chevières--1910-1920
- Wescott, Allen P.--Military life
- World War, 1914-1918--Military tactics--American
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 19, 1939), p. 11