Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Aeronca over Los Angeles
Photograph of the Aeronca flying over the city of Los Angeles just after take off. The plane was flown in the first non-stop transcontinental flight from Los Angeles to New York City by actor Johnny Jones.
11.9 x 15.3
black and white
- Aeronca (Airplane)
- Airplanes--American--California--Los Angeles--1930-1940
- Firsts--United States--1930-1940
- Jones, Johnnie (John M.)--Associated objects
- Transcontinental flights--United States--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 8, 1939), p. 7
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)