Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Request an Information Literacy Instruction Session
Before scheduling an Information Literacy Instruction Session, please keep some things in mind:
- Please give us a two week notice before your first choice session. This allows us to adequately prepare for your students.
- Please schedule your Information Literacy Instruction Session to that is coincides with your students' research assignment. We are most helpful at the students' point of need.
- Please be flexible in your schedule. We will try to honor your first choice for a session but this isn't always possible as we are scheduling your colleagues as well.
- We recommend using one full class time (1 hour 50 minutes or 1 hour 20 minutes depending on the class) for an Information Literacy Instruction Session. This allows your students to fully engage with new concepts and new methods.
- Submit your syllabus and assignment to email@example.com In order to ensure maximum effectiveness for the students, we tailor our sessions to address their immediate research needs. If the students will not be working on a research assignment at the time of the scheduled library session, we strongly suggest rescheduling the session.
Required fields denoted with asterisk *.