Here's a guide to some of the most common statuses you might see when checking up on your requests in ILLiad:
- Awaiting Copyright Clearance - We need to make sure article and book chapter requests comply with copyright regulations before sending them off.
- Awaiting Request Processing - We've received your request, but have not yet sent it out to potential lenders.
- Request Sent - Your request has been sent out to libraries that appear to own the item.
- Awaiting Unfilled Processing - None of the five possible lenders we chose could supply the item you requested. Typically, we send it out to five more libraries, and keep the request active until we get a "hit," or your request deadline has passed.
- Awaiting Conditional Processing - Conditional messages are a means of communication between the lending and the borrowing library. A lender will "conditionalize" a request if they have a question concerning the item. ILL staff will email the requesting patron if any clarification is needed in order to fill the request.
- Checked Out to Customer - Your item has arrived and is checked out to your account; you should have the book or it may be on the way to a branch library.
- Awaiting Patron Response - We have emailed you for more information or clarification regarding one of your requests.
- Awaiting Renewal OK Processing - The lending library has approved your renewal request and has provided a new due date for the item.