Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Data Services assists researchers with data and statistical resources across the entire research lifecycle, as both consumers and producers of data.
Identify & Access Data and Statistics
- E-Resources and Research Guides
Research Help: Ask a Librarian
- Assistance identifying and facilitating access to data sets and statistics within our library collection and from outside resources
- The development of quantitative literacy is supported by instruction on data and statistical resources available through the library and on the Internet. In-class instruction and course specific research guides are available by request.
- Recommendations for data set purchases are welcomed and will be pursued contingent upon our Data Collection Development Policy.
Create & Manage Your Data
Research Data Management Guidance
- Advising, training, and resources to help you plan for and implement a system of care for your research data in order to ensure a (re)usable resource.
- Consultation on grant-funder mandated data management plans.
- Connection to campus resources that facilitate the collection, organization, storage, sharing, and preservation of original MSU produced research data.
Digital Text Services
- Assistance and potential collaboration in the area of digital humanities and the creation and management of digital text.
- Project advising, text and corpus services, data/text visualization, digitization, and metadata support.