Preparing a Course Pack Master
The following guidelines should be used when preparing a course pack master for production. A quality master will help us produce a higher quality course pack and keep the cost low for students.
- Each master pack should contain original 8.5" x 11" materials or clean, legible copies (avoid black margins on photocopies) in the order desired. Please number each page on the back. A camera-ready master is best, as we charge $36/hr. to scan directly from books or journals.
- Consider including a table of contents, the course syllabus, and contact information for faculty and instructors.
- Photographs can be duplicated in black and white (or in color, at additional cost).
- For best quality and value, avoid using glue or tape on the master.
- Avoid using Post It® notes to affix instructions. The residue often remains on the paper and can appear on the copies. We recommend using notes attached by a paper clip.
- Use a 1" left margin for binding or duplication on three-hole paper.
- The top, right, and bottom margins should be 0.5" minimum.
- Use 20-lb. white bond, one side only, in preparing originals.
- Use black ink, as blue does not reproduce.
- Electronic files are welcome and encouraged.