Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Michigan Research Libraries Triangle (MRLT) - Reciprocal Borrowing Privileges for Graduate Students
The Michigan Libraries Research Triangle (MRLT) is a cooperative venture among the three largest Michigan university libraries to develop mutually beneficial policies related to circulation, material preservation, purchase of books/journals/online resources, etc.
- Graduate students at Wayne State University, Michigan State University, and the University of Michigan may borrow materials from either of the other universities by first inquiring at their home library.
- An individual must be a currently-enrolled graduate student in good standing at the home library to be eligible for a library card from another MRLT library. The home institution will provide paperwork for the student to present at the other library along with a current picture identification card.
- Books must be returned directly to the institution from which they were borrowed.
- Books checked out from another library are subject to recall (and possible recall overdue fines) if requested by another borrower.
- Library cards issued at Wayne State University and the University of Michigan will be good for one year. To renew, new verification of current enrollment and library good standing must be presented at Wayne State University or the University of Michigan.
- Failure to follow the guest borrowing policies and procedures may result in termination of privileges.
- Registration procedures for guest borrowing privileges at UM are handled only at the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library, Circulation Services, 104 Hatcher North. Privileges at MSU will be granted with a community borrower's card only at the Main Library Circulation Desk.
Libraries NOT participating in the program include:
UM-Ann Arbor independent campus libraries:
- Bentley Historical Library
- Clements Library
- Gerald Ford Library
- Kresge Business Administration Library
- Law Library